Find Out How Acai Berries Impact Your Health
Acai berries are tropical fruits known to possess several health benefits. They have a purplish or reddish hue and are a few centimeters in size. Known to be rich in fibers and antioxidants, they are also wonder fruits and here’s why:
- They regulate your cholesterol because of the plant sterols and anthocyanin present in it. The antioxidants in these berries prevent LDL (Low density lipo-protein) from getting oxidized, thus preventing an imbalance in the HDL (High density lipoprotein) to LDL ratio & regulating cholesterol levels.
- Acai berries help to slow down the aging process. It’s ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) levels are much higher than what is found in average fruits and helps in arresting free radicals that cause aging.
- Due to high fiber content, acai berries boosts your digestion process and helps you overcome problems such as constipation, diarrhea and flatulence.
- Amino acids that are present in berries have an impact on muscle relaxation, which in turn, encourages sleep and regulates your brain function.
- You should also be aware that they are very rich in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids which are responsible for functioning of the nervous system.
- Some studies have indicated that the pulp of the acai fruit has the ability to counter the negative effects of food rich in fat and helps in weight regulation.
Loaded with so many benefits, acai berries are a great option to include in your daily diet! Consult your Nutritionist to know more about superfood and their dietary intake!