Acute Anxiety Disorder Treatment in Dubai
Feeling fearful and apprehensive for no apparent reason? They are typical anxiety symptoms. Getting anxious is a natural bodily response to stress. Many people experience anxiety on the first day of their job, before giving a speech on a podium or venturing outside during a pandemic. However, when your anxiety levels are quite high and last for a long time, then you may be suffering from an acute anxiety disorder.
Types of Anxiety Disorders
- Panic Attacks – An episode of fear when you display extreme physical reactions even when there is no actual danger.
- Phobia – To experience intense fear towards an object, situation, or any specific activity.
- OCD – Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a pattern of recurring thoughts that make you perform certain tasks repeatedly or display a persistent behavioral practice.
- Social Anxiety Disorder – The fear of being criticized and judged by the society
- Illness Anxiety Disorder – The present pandemic is forcing many people to deal with extreme health anxiety, also called hypochondria
- Separation Anxiety Disorder – The fear of getting far away from your home, family, or loved ones.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – PTSD is the extreme stress that follows a traumatic event.
Taking over-the-counter anxiety medication in Dubai is mostly prohibited. You can approach reputed psychiatrists, psychologists, or certified mental health psychologist doctors in Dubai for treating health conditions such as anxiety and depression.
Apart from panic attacks, nightmares, scary thoughts, worry, and agitation people may also experience increased heart rate, faster breathing, lack of concentration, and insomnia. The symptoms may differ from person to person.
Anxiety treatment in Abu Dhabi or Dubai can involve healthy lifestyle changes, psychotherapy sessions, oral medications like antidepressants and sedatives. You may request online therapy treatment due to the latest curfew restrictions in your area due to the global health crisis.
Psychologists in Dubai can advise psychotherapy or medications, or a balanced combination of both. Anxiety tests in Dubai may include primary care evaluations and health questionnaires, which give a clear indication of the mental disorder level.
For the best anxiety doctors in Dubai, just visit DoctorUna website portal. It is the leading doctor-patient online meeting platform in the UAE. Be it depression or OCD treatment in Dubai, our healthcare providers are fully certified, verified, and highly reviewed to offer specialist care and treatment.
DoctorUna.com launched in the United Arab Emirates in 2012, Egypt and Jordan in 2013 and recently in Kuwait in 2014. The purpose of DoctorUna is to allow patients to quickly search for doctors from across a broad range of specialties, compare them and easily book a convenient appointment. DoctorUna gives doctors access to a larger pool of patients, streamlines and better manages their appointment booking process so they can spend more time caring for patients.