Eating healthy need not be boring! There are a variety of foods that are good for your health and equally tasty. In these modern times, you can literally get everything at the snap of your fingers. And that is why you are always tempted to try all sorts of fast-foods and oily foodstuffs, which makes you fat and weak.
It is important to get a grip on your food cravings and eat right. For a start, you can switch over to a smart diet plan and gorge of incredibly healthy foods that are also yummy and delicious.
Tips for Best Healthy Meals
The key to healthy meals lies in having a balanced and moderate diet that does not centre around one or two specific types of foods. You can treat yourself once in a while with some greasy high-carb fast-food, but remember to stick to your diet plan on most days.
The Must-Have Foodstuffs
- Fresh Organic Fruits and Dry Fruits – They help to energise your body and also supply vital vitamins and minerals.
- Green Veggies – Plant vegetables provide carbohydrates and proteins to the body. They form a major part of any balanced meal plan.
- Dairy Products – They provide nutrients and energy to the body
- Grains and Pulses – They are protein-rich and full of nutrients
According to expert nutritionists, nutritious and healthy meal plans must include almonds, lentils, oatmeals, wheat germ, broccoli, apples, kale, blueberries, avocados, leafy veggies, sweet potatoes, fish, meat, and eggs.
An Example of an Ideal & Healthy Food Recipe
- Breakfast – A healthy diet plan is very essential for maintaining optimal health. You can start your day breakfasting on whole oats with whole milk and fruits. The meal is rich in fibre and proteins. Top it up with fresh fruits like green apples or pomegranates to add some flavour.
- Lunch – Eat a balanced and nourishing lunch soup made of olive oil, chopped onions, chopped garlic cloves, cannellini beans, borlotti beans, 1-litre chicken or vegetable stock, sage leaves, chopped parsley leaves, sea salt, diced bacon rashers or mushrooms, and ground pepper. It is a quick and simple soup recipe that gives all-day energy that is rich in fibre, iron, vitamin B, and proteins.
- Dinner – Grilled fish is one of the favourite seafood options that can help you maintain good health. Stick to fishes that are fresh and local. You can prepare seafood dinner with three whole (medium) merling or whiting, one lemon, crushed garlic cloves, optional baby capers, ground pepper, olive oil, parsley leaves, and lemon wedges. Small whiting is a wondrous option and also easy to cook. Omega 3 fatty acids, proteins, magnesium, and calcium are some of the nutrient content found in whiting fish.
Low Carb Diet
Low-carb foodstuffs are low in carbohydrates. Avoiding sugary foods such as biscuits, pasta, bread, and potato chips can do the trick. Studies show that eating vegetables, eggs, and natural fats (butter) can really improve your health.
Nutrition Diet Menu
- Eating fruits like bananas and berries along with yoghurt is healthy
- Sour cream can be replaced with cottage cheese as it is full of proteins
- Dark chocolate is an excellent option to curb your sugar cravings
- Peanut butter can be made at home by soaking and grinding the peanuts. Make sure you do not consume peanut butter on a regular basis
- Eat baked bacon instead of frying them
- Spaghetti can be made with whole wheat pasta
- You can add mushrooms while making meatballs
- Bake your cookies with nutritious oatmeal or ragi
Whenever you feel hungry or need to snack in-between meals, make sure you reach out for foods that are healthy. Some healthy varieties in snacks include mixed nuts that are rich sources of fibre and protein. The also contain a limited amount of fats, thus making an ideal and yummy snack. Another yummy snack food includes apple. The fruit is filled with fibre and antioxidant properties. Celery sticks with creamy cheese can also satisfy your cravings and indulge your taste buds. Celery contains loads of antioxidants. Similarly, kale chips are also fibre-rich and have antioxidants such as kaempferol to keep you healthy.
In today's hectic lifestyle, following a healthy diet plan is vital and the key to staying fit and disease-free. For best results, start a perfect diet plan in consultation with your nutritionist or doctor. A healthy diet can help you to reduce excess weight and control certain health issues such as diabetes and hypertension. Staying healthy also stabilises your emotional health. So, adopt the mantra 'eat right and stay strong' for a happy and stress-free life.