Neurologists in Dubai Offering Clinical Diagnostic Treatment
Neurologists are medical doctors who have valid medical certifications in treating nervous system disorders. They have received (DM) 3-year specialization in the field of neurology. The nervous system is divided into two major parts, which are the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system.
Neurologists in the UAE help manage and treat various illnesses, brain injuries, nerve malfunctions, and spinal cord disorders that are related to the nervous system. A verified neurologist is a medical school graduate who has completed his internship and received three years of extensive training(practical) in the neurology residency program.
Primary services provided by a neurologist
Neurological conditions and their symptoms that are treated by a neurologist can include the following:
- Muscle weakness
- Coordination problems
- Feeling confused at most times
- Feeling dizzy
- Sudden change in sensation
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Infections such as meningitis, brain abscesses
- Neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer’s diseases
- Spinal cord problems that lead to autoimmune problems
- Cluster headaches and migraine
People experiencing issues with their sensory abilities like vision, smell, or touch may be referred to a reputed neurologist in Dubai American hospital or other established neurology centers.
- Child Neurology – Children suffering from neurological disorders are provided optimal care with advanced treatment programs in neuroscience.
- Epilepsy Disease – Providing therapies and tertiary care that include neurosurgery, neuroradiology, neuropsychology, neurophysiology, and more.
- Neurodevelopmental Disabilities – Neurodevelopmental disorders in young children such as autism, ADHD or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, intellectual or mental retardation, conduct disorders, vision or hearing impairments, and cerebral palsy.
- Headache Medicine – A headache neurologist will be able to differentiate between a stress-related headache and a migraine. The specialist can also identify other kinds of head pains that do not respond to general medications that are used to treat headaches.
- Neuromuscular Medicine – The neurologist may treat abnormalities of the nerve roots, motor neurons, and other neuromuscular disorders in adults and children with physical medicines and specific rehabilitation programs.
- Hospice and Palliative Care Neurology – Palliative care medicine can be seen as a focused multidisciplinary step towards improving the patient's quality of life. This care is provided right from the diagnosis stage till the end of life. Having core palliative care skills is an important part of a neurologist's medical practice.
- Pain Medicine – It is a multidisciplinary field in neurology that specializes in offering diagnostic care and treatment for chronic pain in the human body. Pain neurologists focus on cognitive and psychomotor treatment. They may recommend therapy, massage, acupuncture, psycho-counseling sessions, and electrical nerve stimulation to relieve pain.
- Sleep Medicine – Neurological tools that involve sleep medicine field are aimed at diagnostic treatment and management of sleep-induced breathing disorders, restless leg syndrome, hypersomnias, parasomnias, insomnia, and narcolepsy.
- Vascular Neurology – People with cerebrovascular issues can approach vascular neurologists. They help diagnose and provide medical care for numerous cerebrovascular diseases and resulting events that may include brain aneurysm, spinal cord hemorrhage, and stroke.
- Autonomic Disorders – Autonomic system is an essential part of the nervous system. It controls all involuntary functions that include heart beats, blood pressure, and body sweating. Neurologists treat autonomic diseases that occur as a singular disorder or due to a result of other illnesses like diabetes and Parkinson's disease.
- Neuropsychiatry – It deals with the neurological assessment and care for patients with psychiatric disorders and symptoms that are linked with brain abnormalities. Examples of neuropsychiatric disorders include cognitive deficit disorders, seizures, attention deficit disorders, uncontrollable anger, migraine headaches, addictions, and palsies, to name a few.
- Brain Injury Medicine – It is a subspecialty that deals with neurological expertise in evaluating and treating individuals with acquired brain injury, traumatic brain injury, and concussions. Rehabilitation may also be considered for individuals with acquired brain injury.
- Neurocritical Care – The category specified by neurocritical care can include intracerebral hemorrhage, brain injury due to cardiac arrest, brain stroke, and traumatic brain injury. Such programs offer superior care for patients afflicted with critical neurological disorders.
Common Neurological Procedures
On your very first appointment with a Malayali or a Tamil neurologist in Dubai as per your choice, you may be asked to take a physical exam along with a neurological exam. The tests can determine your reflexes, muscle strength, and muscle coordination. Most neurological disorders have near-similar symptoms, and in that case, your neurologist can suggest more tests to make the correct diagnosis.
Different Neurological Diagnostic Procedures
- Lumbar Puncture – It is used to test the spinal fluid. The procedure is done by inserting a fine needle into the spine area to extract a sample of the spinal fluid.
- Tensilon Test – This testing is done to diagnose a condition called myasthenia gravis. The medicine Tensilon is injected to observe its effect on your various muscle movements.
- Electromyography – EMG helps measure the flow of electrical activities between the brain (and also the spinal cord) to a peripheral nerve. This specific nerve is only found in the area of your arms and legs. It is a primary nerve that is responsible for total muscle control both during movement and rest. The neurological diagnosis can detect spinal cord disorders and muscle-related or nerve-related dysfunction.
- Electroencephalogram – Electrodes are placed on your scalp and the EEG machine measures the brain's electrical activity. Neurological conditions such as tumors, injuries, psychiatric abnormalities, and inflammation can be diagnosed through this testing.
Neurologists in Al ZAhra Hospital Dubai can also use imaging tests like the CT scan, MRI scan, or PET scan. Reputed hospitals and clinics may also offer diagnostic procedures that include sleep study and angiography.
List of latest open case clinical trials conducted in the United States for the purpose of study and evaluation by neurological experts worldwide:
- The neurobiology study to identify between two distinct types of escalating Apraxia of speech via clinical imaging
- The clinical study focused on patients with multiple sclerosis to compare traditional V/S early aggressive therapy
- Research and study on the safety features of extended AL001 dosing in patients with frontotemporal dementia
- Study to determine the neuropsychiatric mood symptoms in epileptic patients
- An observational study to evaluate the latest diagnostic approach IGE or idiopathic generalized epilepsy
When to visit a neurologist?
Your primary care physician may refer an experienced neurologist in Dubai Aster clinic if they suspect the following symptoms indicating a neurological disorder:
- Getting frequent headaches
- Having muscle weakness
- Feeling confused and disorganized
- Loss in muscle coordination
- Being partially or fully paralyzed
- Experiencing drastic or slow sensory changes affecting your sense of taste, vision, touch, or smell
You can find the best clinics and hospitals in Dubai offering the most innovative techniques and therapies in neurological care. Senior neurologists with vast experience are often encouraged to develop new techniques and conduct clinical trials along with a team of brain specialists. Neurological studies can be useful to diagnose and treat complex and rare neurologic conditions.
DoctorUna can arrange an appointment with the best neurologist in Dubai expat woman according to your priority. We give you a list of top-verified neurologists in Abu Dhabi and Dubai plus other primary care doctors. Visit an expert neurologist near your area, DoctorUna offers premium services that include telehealth consultation, GP doctor at home (24/7), and an online booking facility.
DoctorUna.com launched in the United Arab Emirates in 2012, Egypt and Jordan in 2013 and recently in Kuwait in 2014. The purpose of DoctorUna is to allow patients to quickly search for doctors from across a broad range of specialties, compare them and easily book a convenient appointment. DoctorUna gives doctors access to a larger pool of patients, streamlines and better manages their appointment booking process so they can spend more time caring for patients.