Social skills group therapy aims at assisting children and young teens aged between 5 years to 16 years of age to improve their social skills. From learning how to make friends to responding appropriately while making conversation. Understanding subtle signs that indicate if you have made a friend or not, all can be learned by joining social skills therapy.
Such therapy programs are impactful and effective in decreasing painful childhood experiences of rejection by peers or failing to socialize in school. It can also reduce depressive and aggressive behavior that may develop due to a non-existent social circle.
Common communicating cues explained by social therapists in Dubai:
- Failing to notice people's verbal and non-verbal signs
- Forceful entry into a peer group
- Not acknowledging the presence of new friends
- Not knowing when to stop talking about some topic
- Not having enough empathy for others
- Not understanding others unspoken yet transparent messages
Social skills therapists offer therapy sessions to increase the emotional intelligence of children, which is just as essential as reading or writing skills.
The primary goal of SS group or social skills group therapy is to teach young children and teens better social communication interactions including:
- To use correct body language
- To understand others facial language
- To understand others expression and knowing to express emotions
- To initiate interactions like conversation and play
- To gain self-control
- To learn anger management
- To know to solve problems
- To cope with mild teasing
- To accept the consequences of self-made mistakes
Find British or Indian social therapists in Dubai who can break down child-related complex social behaviors into simpler and smaller portions. These psychological specialists offer therapy programs that gradually introduce kids and teenagers to learning and developing social skills.
If you are living in Sharjah, you may need to connect with social therapy Sharjah doctors. Simplify your search at the DoctorUna website platform. If you are a South Indian, then you can contact social therapists Dubai Malayalam-speaking doctors near your place. All you need to do is get on board with DoctorUna to book a doctor of your choice! Find an affordable social therapist in Dubai by using filters to your doctor search accessed via DoctorUna. Log on to the healthcare appointment website today!
DoctorUna.com launched in the United Arab Emirates in 2012, Egypt and Jordan in 2013 and recently in Kuwait in 2014. The purpose of DoctorUna is to allow patients to quickly search for doctors from across a broad range of specialties, compare them and easily book a convenient appointment. DoctorUna gives doctors access to a larger pool of patients, streamlines and better manages their appointment booking process so they can spend more time caring for patients.